Making an insurance claim can be stressful and time consuming, so here are some tips on how to deal with the situation and speed up the process. If you're insured with Coast & Country, we handle your claim for you!
Use these helpful tips to make it as easy a process as possible.
Report the incident
Call the police and emergency services if a serious accident has taken place or if your business is essentially a crime scene.
Advise your insurance company or broker of the situation as soon as possible. Even if you don’t have all the information necessary, it’s good to chat to your insurer or broker about what’s happened ASAP. They can then explain the claims process for you and clue you in to any steps you may need to take or evidence you’ll need to gather.
It is best to submit your insurance claim as close to the event as possible as it is easier for you to recall important information regarding the claim.
Things you should take note of
- The time, date and location of the event
- A description of what happened
- Details of anything you have done to minimise the loss
- An estimate of the loss
- Eyewitness accounts and contact details of any eyewitnesses
- Photos — take photos of anything you think might be relevant, but particularly any damage
Some pre-claim tips
- Read the PDS
- Pay your premium — it might seem like a no-brainer, but if you don’t pay your premium, your claim will be denied.
- Review your policy each year at renewal to make sure you’re still covered for everything you need to be covered for.
- Update your insurer or broker if any of your business’s details change.
- Take photos of your assets
If you are insured with Coast & Country, we have trained professionals who are able to provide advice and will assist you with your claim so it is one less thing to worry about! Call us today on 02 4334 3622 or make a quick enquiry using the form below:
Coast and Country Insurance Consultants Pty Ltd is an Authorized representative of NAS Insurance Brokers AFS Lic: 233750 (General Insurance) / Coast and Country Insurance Consultants Pty Ltd is a corporate authorized representative of PGW Financial Services Pty Ltd AFS License No 384713 (Life Insurance)
General Advice Warning: The content of this article is general advice only and should not be acted upon without first consulting an industry specialist as it does not take into consideration your personal needs, objectives or financial circumstances.